We are currently looking for confident and organized self-starters to come join our team!
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, look no further!
This position is ideal for an individual who has a desire for a high level of responsibility in a fast paced and growing Firm and wishes to be an integral member of a growing team.
You are confident dealing with people at all levels and you will use your strong technical, communication and interpersonal skills to address and resolve issues. You thrive in the fast-pace of a busy law firm, keep up-to-date with changes in the industry, and take pride in delivering excellent customer service on tight deadlines.
Our Law Clerks are a vital team member, and is responsible for providing administrative support to the lawyers. Administrative support includes researching, compiling, comparing, and organizing legal documents, corresponding with clients on behalf of the lawyers. The Law Clerk is also tasked with acting as the intermediary between the clients and the lawyer.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Opening & Closing of client files, in accordance with firm policies and procedures and LSUC guidelines;
- Draft documents as needed (including but not limited to: applications, separation agreements, parenting plans, pleadings, affidavits, memos, correspondence and conference briefs and disclosures);
- Prepare financial statements & Net Family Property (NFP) Statements; Preparation of orders for endorsement;
- Schedule and maintain assigned Associate Lawyers calendar;
- Act as a liaison with clients, opposing counsel, and necessary third party experts;
- Photocopying, Binding of documents, as required;
- Managing the physical and electronic client files in accordance with firm policies and procedures;
- Upkeep on all current and active files;
- Docketing time daily, and maintaining accurate billing records.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Office Administrator by answering phone calls;
- Participate in special projects and assignments as needed and required.
- College Diploma, specializing in law (legal assistant, law clerk, paralegal)
- 2+ years of experience working in Family Law in a similar position
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Capability to present information in a clear and concise manner both verbal and written
- Ability to work efficiently under stress
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, Outlook)
- Experience working with PC Law and Divorcemate is necessary;
- Experience working with Worldox is considered an asset.
If you believe you have the character, skills and experience to be a perfect fit for this positons and our firm, please feel free to submit your application for consideration at email@example.com. While we thank all of those who apply, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Shulman Law Firm P.C. is committed to our Corporate Values. All Shulman Law Firm P.C. employment policies and procedures are intended to be non-discriminatory and barrier-free in accordance with the principles and spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted in regards to an application received for a position with our Firm, please advise the Human Resources Representative of accommodation measures which you may require during our selection process.
The job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, and not an exhaustive list. The job description is a summary duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description, and that other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.