Call us at (416) 649-4660

Close Button

We Are Here To Help

Schedule your consultation below.

My wife of 12 years cheated and left. We have two children and have been separated 3 years. I spent 12 grand on an agreement that she won’t sign. A year ago she retained a lawyer and they asked for financial disclosure. I have not responded and nothing has happened in a year other than the pandemic. Should I send disclosure to her lawyer? If I fill it out wrong will I get a chance to correct it before trial?

July 30, 2021

818 viewsDealing With Lawyers
Changed status to publish

When undergoing a divorce, both spouses have a clear, comprehensive, and continuing duty to provide financial disclosure to each other.  This duty is not alleviated by the fact that your wife may be currently unwilling to sign an agreement – in fact, it’s the next important step towards having to litigate your disputes through the court system, since it seems that you will be unable to reach an agreement otherwise.

Despite the delay, you should indeed provide full disclosure to your wife’s lawyer as soon as possible.  You should fill it out to the best of your ability (and you should consider hiring your own lawyer to assist with that task).  If it is incorrect in any respect, you will certainly have a chance to correct it, and in any even you have a legal obligation to update it regularly in the time leading up to trial.

Changed status to publish
The materials contained in this website are intended to provide general information and comment only and should not be relied or construed as legal advice or opinion. While we endeavor to keep the information on this web site as up to date, accurate and complete as reasonably possible, we do not warrant the completeness, timeliness or accuracy of anything contained in this web site. The application and impact of laws can vary widely, based on the specific facts involved. For any particular fact situation, we urge you to consult an experienced lawyer with any specific legal questions you may have. Your use of this website doe not constitute or create a lawyer-client relationship. Should you wish to retain our firm, kindly contact our office to set up a meeting with a lawyer.
Book A Consultation