This position is ideal for an individual who has a desire for a high level of responsibility in a fast paced and growing Firm and wishes to be an integral member of a growing team.
Our Law Clerks are vital team members and are responsible for providing administrative support to our lawyers. Administrative support includes but is not limited to researching, compiling, comparing, and organizing legal documents, corresponding with clients on behalf of the lawyer as well as acting as the intermediary between the clients and the lawyer.
You are confident dealing with people at all levels and you will use your strong technical, communication and interpersonal skills to address and resolve issues. You thrive in the fast-pace of a busy law firm, keep up-to-date with changes in the industry, and take pride in delivering excellent customer service on tight deadlines.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Opening & Closing of client files, in accordance with firm policies and procedures and LSUC guidelines;
- Draft documents as needed (including but not limited to: applications, separation agreements, parenting plans, pleadings, affidavits, memos, correspondence and conference briefs and disclosures);
- Prepare financial statements & Net Family Property (NFP) Statements; Preparation of orders for endorsement;
- Schedule and maintain assigned Associate Lawyers calendar;
- Act as a liaison with clients, opposing counsel, and necessary third party experts;
- Photocopying, Binding of documents, as required;
- Managing the physical and electronic client files in accordance with firm policies and procedures;
- Upkeep on all current and active files;
- Docketing time daily, and maintaining accurate billing records.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Office Administrator by answering phone calls;
- Participate in special projects and assignments as needed and required.
- College Diploma, specializing in law (legal assistant, law clerk, paralegal);
- 2+ years of experience working in Family Law.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Capability to present information in a clear and concise manner both verbal and written;
- Ability to work efficiently under stress;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, Outlook);
- Experience working with PC Law and Divorcemate is necessary;
- Experience working with Worldox is considered an asset.
If you have the character, skills and experience to be a great fit for this role we are looking forward to hearing from you! While we thank all of those who apply, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.