We are currently looking for a confident and organized self-starter to come join our team as the Finance Manager!
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, look no further!
This position is ideal for an individual who has a desire for a high level of responsibility in a fast paced and growing Firm and wishes to be an integral member of a growing team.
You are confident dealing with people at all levels and you will use your strong technical, communication and interpersonal skills to address and resolve issues. You thrive in the fast-pace of a busy law firm, keep up-to-date with changes in the industry, and take pride in delivering excellent customer service on tight deadlines.
Our Finance Manager is a vital team member, and is responsible for actively managing the finances of the firm through forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction analysis and reviewing operational performance. This position will work alongside the HR Manager for developing the Firm’s budget, and will report directly to the Director.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the preparation of the Firm’s annual budget
- Report to executive management team on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and funds available for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Maintain banking relationships
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the Firm are met, including but not limited to: withholding payments (CPP, EI), Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax, Employer Health Tax
- Prepare annual charitable return in a timely manner as appropriate
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analysis in all areas of the Firm
- Interpret the Firm’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with external auditors as necessary
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
Payroll Preparation and Administration
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time
- Issue annual T4s and T4As
Project management accounting
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
- Ensure that accurate and timely payments are issued in accordance with contract agreements
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
- Assist with determining appropriate technology that meets the organization’s information requirements and financial resources
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
- Maximize income where possible and appropriate
- Negotiate with Bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate
Policy & Procedure Development
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in various business related projects, as needed and required
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business Management/Administration
- Professional designation as CA, CGA, or CMA is an asset
- Knowledge of GAAP, federal and provincial legislation
- Demonstrated strategic planning, ability to implement strategic business plans and management experience
- The ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently as well as manage projects and assignments in a collaborative team environment;
- The ability to lead by example, and demonstrate the values of Shulman Law Firm P.C.
- High levels of judgement, discretion, attention to detail, responsiveness and initiative;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with differing opinions and diverse personalities and a collaborative work ethic and flexibility in order to manage a busy workload.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills
- Capability to present information in a clear and concise manner both verbal and written
- Ability to work efficiently under stress
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, Outlook)
- Experience working with PC Law is an asset;
If you believe you have the character, skills and experience to be a perfect fit for this positons and our firm, please feel free to submit your application for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all of those who apply, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Shulman Law Firm P.C. is committed to our Corporate Values. All Shulman Law Firm P.C. employment policies and procedures are intended to be non-discriminatory and barrier-free in accordance with the principles and spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted in regards to an application received for a position with our Firm, please advise the Human Resources Representative of accommodation measures which you may require during our selection process.
The job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, and not an exhaustive list. The job description is a summary duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description, and that other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.