If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, look no further!
You are confident dealing with people at all levels and you will use your strong technical, communication and interpersonal skills to address and resolve issues. You thrive in the fast-pace of a busy law firm, keep up-to-date with changes in the industry, and take pride in delivering excellent customer service on tight deadlines.
Our Front Desk Administrator is a vital team member, and holds the responsibility of being the “Face of the Firm”, greeting clients and other visitors in a professional, efficient and courteous manner. This position is also responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the office, from greeting clients, managing lawyers calendars and ordering office supplies. This position provides both clerical and administrative support to the lawyers and is the first point of contact for new and potential clients.
This position is full-time: Monday through Friday from 9:00AM – 5:00PM, at our Downtown Location.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with team members to ensure seamless day-to-day operations.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and direct call traffic to the proper person.
- Take accurate and complete messages for those employees who may be unavailable.
- Greet and announce visitors in a friendly and business-like manner.
- Maintain neatness and organization of reception desk, boardroom and front closet areas .
- Ordering office and break room supplies on a monthly basis, and as necessary.
- Prepare, receive, sort and distribute mail to appropriate parties.
- Coordination of boardroom bookings.
- Scheduling new consultations and appointments.
- The attention to detail, and an ability to work independently and without direction.
- Assisting with retaining clients (i.e. explaining our retainer agreement, processing payments, and so forth).
- Actively participate in the Firm’s social committee (including but not limited to: organizing events, promoting initiatives, gathering feedback and suggestions from the team, etc.).
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other projects and assignments as necessary and required.
- Minimum of a College Diploma in Office Administration.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Previous experience in a customer service role is considered an asset.
- Bilingualism is also considered a strong asset.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with PC Law.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under stress and time constraints.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with an ability to prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work is sedentary in nature; no special requirements necessary.
The job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, and not an exhaustive list. Responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description, and that other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.
Shulman Law Firm is an equal opportunity employer. While we thank all of those who apply, due to the volume of resumes received, we will only be contacting those who meet the qualifications.
If you believe you have the character, skills and experience to be a perfect fit for this positons and our firm, please feel free to submit your application for consideration at email@example.com. While we thank all of those who apply, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Shulman Law Firm P.C. is committed to our Corporate Values. All Shulman Law Firm P.C. employment policies and procedures are intended to be non-discriminatory and barrier-free in accordance with the principles and spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted in regards to an application received for a position with our Firm, please advise the Human Resources Representative of accommodation measures which you may require during our selection process.