- JOB TITLE: Human Resources Manager (Maternity Leave Coverage)
- DEPT: Human Resources
- REPORTS TO: Director
- SUPERVISES: 16 (number of employees)
Reporting to the Director and serving as an integral member of the leadership team, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the management and development of the Firm’s HR strategy and contributes to the development of the Firm’s strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the Human Resources Manager is charged with developing and implementing policies and procedures both in the HR and general operational realms.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, implement and maintain human resources policies and provide support and guidance related to HR policies to the Management team.
- Advise the Director and other key members of senior leadership on employee relations issues including performance management, disciplinary and termination processes.
- Develops, implements and maintains the compensation program including ensuring compensation is competitive with the market while meeting the Firm’s need for cost containment.
- Ensures Human Resources files, documents, manuals, and databases are current, accurate, confidential and in compliance with policy and legislative requirements.
- Manage and administer all company employee communications regarding plan design, modifications, onboarding, merit increases, bonus structure, etc.
- Remain current with industry employment law, best practices, legislative changes and industry standards.
- Initiates all changes relating to annual salary reviews and employee status changes, including computing salary increases, merit bonuses and DPSP contributions for all employees, and prepares individual letters for each employee.
- Facilitate and administer the 360-degree performance review process and ensure that all necessary documentation is updated and kept in order.
- Complaint resolution and conduct investigations, as required.
- Lead and manage the recruitment effort for all positions within the Firm, including developing sources of qualified potential candidates, preparing job postings, acknowledging applications, short-listing applicants for interview, developing interview questions, conducting interviews, conducting background checks, preparing employment contracts and on-boarding of new hires.
- Initiate and participate in the organizing of social committee events (including work-aversary recognitions, birthday recognitions, farewell parties and Firm events such as the annual barbeque and holiday party).
- Proven HR leadership skills in the area of verbal/written communication; employee relations; recruitment; legal; benefits administration; training, facilitation and change management.
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Sociology or Psychology.
- 4+ years of experience working in a Human Resource Generalist position.
- CHRP/CHRL designation is considered an asset.
- Superior leadership skills; ability to influence and engage indirect reports and peers.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical HR and administration initiatives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the Firm.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and competitive data.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel within the Greater Toronto Area between offices.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work is predominately in an office environment.
Shulman Law Firm P.C. embraces diversity and is committed to providing equal opportunity to employees and applicants. All of our employment policies and procedures are intended to be non-discriminatory and barrier-free in accordance with the principles and spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you can request reasonable accommodations. We will be happy to assist you.
For accommodation requests, please call (416) 661-2777 ext. 235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your first and last name, phone number, position for which you are interested in applying and the type of accommodation that you are requesting.
The job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, and not an exhaustive list. The job description is a summary duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description, and that other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.
Apply for this position
[contact-form-7 id=”3476″ title=”Human Resources Manager”]