Christopher Deeble is an associate lawyer at Shulman & Partners. Before law, Chris had a career as a managing editor who worked for a former Deputy Prime Minister and a former Governor General. He decided to pursue law in search of a challenge, and ability to use his skills to make a difference in people’s lives.
Chris obtained his Bachelor of Laws degree from Ottawa University and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2009. For Chris, the rewards of his work as a Family Law Lawyer come from helping people get what they need to thrive and succeed. His passion for family law can be seen in his work with various communities across Canada and the United States, along with his dedication to sharing his expertise.
Chris is a member of the LGBTQ+ Bar Association and Foundation (LGBTQ+ Bar) an affiliate of the American Bar Association (ABA). In this capacity, Chris has been an Ontario representative of the International Committee of the Family Law Institute (FLI) of the LGBTQ+ Bar since 2016, where practitioners meet to share collective wisdom and to discuss cutting-edge legal strategies for representing members of the LGBTQ+ community in areas like Reproduction Law. Since 2007, Chris’ personal interest has been Surrogacy Law of Canada.
Some of Christopher’s extensive legal credentials and accomplishments include:
- Executive Member, Provincial Board of Directors, Ontario Association for Family Mediation (OAFM); 2021 – present
- Judge, Annual Walsh Family Law Negotiation Competition; 2020 – present
- 2-term President; Ottawa Chapter of the OAFM; 2018 and 2021
- Accredited Intergenerational Mediator (AccIM); OAFM, 2022
- Accredited Family Mediator (AccFM); OAFM, 2017
- Certified Online Dispute Resolution Specialist; OAFM; 2020
- Collaborative Divorce Ottawa, Panel Member; 2017 – present
- Licensee (lawyer-provider), New Ways for Families; High Conflict Institute, California
- Member, Carleton County Law Association; 2009 – present)