Call us at (416) 649-4660

Close Button

We Are Here To Help

Schedule your consultation below.

My ex and I both want to spend the winter holidays with our child. What can I do?

December 6, 2019

2.58K viewsParenting Advice
Changed status to publish

To begin with, if custody and access to your child has already been determined by a court on a temporary or final basis, (i.e. there is a Court Order in place), then you may have to stick to the schedule for the holidays.

However, if you are newly separated from your ex and there is no Order or agreement yet, then best solution is simply negotiation: You should sit down with your ex and reach agreement over the details of a holiday schedule that works for both of you.

Depending on your unique circumstances, this may include some negotiated blocks of time that you all spend together, or it may refer to specified holiday events (such as your child’s school concert or play) where you and your ex can both attend. Cooperation and civility is always the optimal solution, since it serves the best interests of your child.

Changed status to publish
The materials contained in this website are intended to provide general information and comment only and should not be relied or construed as legal advice or opinion. While we endeavor to keep the information on this web site as up to date, accurate and complete as reasonably possible, we do not warrant the completeness, timeliness or accuracy of anything contained in this web site. The application and impact of laws can vary widely, based on the specific facts involved. For any particular fact situation, we urge you to consult an experienced lawyer with any specific legal questions you may have. Your use of this website doe not constitute or create a lawyer-client relationship. Should you wish to retain our firm, kindly contact our office to set up a meeting with a lawyer.
Book A Consultation